top of page


Disability Grants for accessible vehicles and equipment

Kentucky Assistive Technology Loan Corporation (KATLC)

The Kentucky Assistive Technology Loan Corporation (KATLC) offers low interest loans for qualified applicants with disabilities who need assistive technology.

275 East Main Street

Mail Drop 2 E-K

Frankfort, KY 40621

1-877-675-0195 (Toll Free)

1-502-564-2951 (Fax)


Kentucky Aging and Disability Resource Centers (ADRCs)
Use this link to get to an interactive map of the state of Kentucky. Click on your county to find the ADRC operating in your area. There, you’ll find comprehensive and extremely helpful information on securing services and disability grants, including toward a handicap van.

(877) 925-0037


Kentucky Area Agencies on Aging (AAA) and Independent Living

AAA oversees the administration of many of the state’s services for elderly Kentucky residents. It is your go-to governmental agency if aging has left you with impaired mobility. You’ll learn all about your options, including for disability grants toward a vehicle that accommodates a scooter or wheelchair. Follow the link above to locate the office serving your area of the state.

Kentucky Assistive Technology Service (KATS) Network Coordinating Center

The KATS Network Coordinating Center strives to make assistive technology devices, information and services accessible to all disabled Kentucky residents who can benefit from them. Get in touch for help uncovering possibilities for funding assistance for your wheelchair van or vehicle modifications.

Charles McDowell Center
8412 Westport Road
Louisville, KY 40242
(502) 429-4484 or (800) 327-5287

Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs (KDVA)

For disabled Kentuckians who served in the US military, the KDVA is in place to make sure the services and support due are delivered. If service (or VA care) left you with limited mobility, you may be in line for financial aid for a handicap van.

1111B Louisville Rd.
Frankfort, KY 40601
(502) 564-9203 or (800) 572-6245

Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR)
Kentucky’s OVR assists state residents with disabilities in achieving increased independence through gainful employment. If you need a handicapped-accessible vehicle in order to work, you may be eligible for a disability grant through this agency.

Cabinet for Human Resources Building
275 East Main Street
Mail Stop 2E-K
Frankfort, KY 40621 
(502) 564-4440 or (800) 372-7172

Kentucky Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC)

The Council in Kentucky runs the state’s Independent Living Centers, informs public policy pertaining to aging and disabled residents and otherwise looks out for the best interest of these populations and fights for their capacity to lead independent, participatory lives. SILCs don’t provide grant money, but yours can assist you in finding groups that do. Make contact through the Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation at:

Kelli Sheets
275 East Main Street 3E-E
Frankfort, KY 40621

Contact a Mobility Expert!

Thanks! Message sent.

Phone: (989) 305-7058      Fax: (989) 739-5205        Email:

bottom of page