top of page


Disability Grants for accessible vehicles and equipment

The Great Lakes ADA Center

The Great Lakes ADA Center’s mission is to increase awareness and knowledge with the ultimate goal of achieving voluntary compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. This is accomplished within targeted audiences through provision of customized training, expert assistance, and dissemination of information developed by various sources, including the federal agencies responsible for enforcement of the ADA. We are not an enforcement or regulatory agency, but a helpful resource supporting the ADA’s mission to “make it possible for everyone with a disability to live a life of freedom and equality.

The University of Illinois at Chicago
Institute on Disability & Human Development (MC 728)
1640 West Roosevelt Road, Room 405
Chicago, IL 60608
(312) 413-1407

Indiana Aging and Disability Resource Centers (ADRCs)

ADRCs are collaboratively operated by the US Administration on Community Living and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. They are some of the best places to turn to for the most current, easily accessed information about the rights, services and support to which you’re entitled as an aging or disabled citizen. Use the interactive map of the state of Indiana at the link above to find your area’s office.

Indiana Assistive Technology Act (INDATA)

When disabled people living in Indiana need help getting their hands on assistive technology, INDATA steps up to make it happen. It provides various services and other forms of support. Get in touch early on in your quest for disability grants for a handicap van.

4740 Kingsway Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46205
(317) 466-2013 or (888) 466-1314

Indiana Association of Area Agencies on Aging (IAAA)

IAAA advocates on behalf of the Indiana’s elderly and disabled populations. It oversees 16 offices around the state, and your nearest one is standing by to help you or your loved one maintain independence and self-determination.

4755 Kingsway Drive Suite 318
Indianapolis, IN 46205
(317) 205-9201

Indiana Council on Independent Living (ICOIL)

This is Indiana’s branch of the national group of Statewide Independent Living Centers (SILCs). The Council aims to lead the movement of independent living for residents with age- or disability-related difficulties. It involves itself in local politics, runs Independent Living Centers around the state and participates in making life better for the disabled in various other ways. Ask for guidance when you’re looking for disability grants for a wheelchair van or accessibility conversions to improve or maintain your independence.

402 W. Washington Street, Rm. W453
P.O. Box 7083
Indianapolis, IN 46207-7083

Indiana Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA)

Since 1945, the DVA has been helping Indiana-based military veterans access the benefits and assistance from the State and US governments they’re entitled to. This may include a disability grant for a handicapped-accommodating vehicle if you lost mobility during service.

302 W. Washington Street, Room E120
Indianapolis, IN 46204-2738
(317) 232-3910 or (800) 827-1000

Indiana Vocational Rehabilitation Services (VRS)

Run by the state’s Bureau of Rehabilitation Services, VRS is dedicated to helping persons with disabilities in Indiana enter the workforce. If this would be more realistic if you had a handicap van, the division may offer you a disability grant to help you get it.

Contact a Mobility Expert!

Thanks! Message sent.

Phone: (989) 305-7058      Fax: (989) 739-5205        Email:

bottom of page