top of page


Disability Grants for accessible vehicles and equipment

Family Support Network

The Family Support Network’s mission is to further the rights and capacity for self-determination for disabled Illinois residents and their families. It advocates for funding and other support for the disabled community.

651 East 159th Place
South Holland, IL 60473
(708) 331-7370


Great Lakes American with Disabilities Act (ADA) Center

ADA Centers strive to promote and enhance the equal rights, freedom and standard of living for disabled citizens around the country. As an Illinois resident, the Great Lakes ADA Center is your division. Get in touch for all types of assistance, including locating disability grants for which you may qualify.

The University of Illinois at Chicago
Institute on Disability & Human Development (MC 728)
1640 West Roosevelt Road, Room 405
Chicago, IL 60608

(312) 413-1407


Illinois Aging and Disabilities Resource Centers (ADRCs)

The ADRCs around Illinois are leading sources of up-to-date, all-encompassing information and services for persons with disabilities in the state. This is a must-contact resource during your search for disability grants to apply towards a handicapped-accessible vehicle or equipment and modifications.

1111 S. Alpine Road Suite 600
Rockford, Il 61108
(815) 226-4901 or 1- 800- 542- 8402 (
nine county only)


Illinois Area Agencies on Aging (AAA)

The AAA in Illinois consists of 13 separate Planning and Service Areas from which it serves resident senior citizens and persons with disabilities. It operates with funding from the Illinois Department of Aging.

3100 Montvale Dr 
Springfield IL 62704-7248
(217) 787-9234


Illinois Assistive Technology Program (IATP)

Disabled residents of Illinois who need assistive technology can find help through IATP. They offer assistance securing funding, along with a number of additional services. Reach out to this group for help getting your handicap van.

1 West Old State Capitol Plaza, Suite 100
Springfield, IL 62701
(217) 522-7985 or (800) 852-5110


Illinois Department of Veterans’ Affairs (VA)

The VA in Illinois assists state resident US military veterans in navigating the many services and other forms of support available to them through the local, state, and federal governments. The Department will help you secure a disability grant for a handicapped-accessible vehicle if you lost mobility in service to your country.

Chicago Office:

James R. Thompson Center
100 West Randolph, Suite 5-570
Chicago, IL 60601-3219
(312) 814-2460

Springfield Office:

833 South Spring Street
P.O. Box 19432
Springfield, IL 62794-9432
(217) 782-6641


Illinois Network of Centers for Independent Living (INCIL)

INCIL oversees 23 Centers for Independent Living around Illinois and helps protect and advance the ability of the state’s disabled population to live independently. The Council doesn’t award grants to individuals, but it is a useful resource for residents seeking ways, such as acquiring a wheelchair van or handicapped-friendly equipment or conversions, to maintain independence.

One West Old State Capitol Plaza, Suite 501
Springfield, IL 62701
(217) 525-1308


State of Illinois Council on Developmental Disabilities (CDD)

The Illinois CDD is the state’s chapter of a countrywide CDD network established by Federal law. It serves residents with an affliction that satisfies the national guidelines for a developmental disability. If you or a loved one has a developmental disability, the Council may award you a disability grant, and it will provide other services and help you to locate additional potential sources of financial aid.

Chicago Office:

101 W. Randolph, Suite 10-600
Chicago, IL 60601
(312) 814-2080

Springfield Office:

830 S. Spring Street
Springfield, IL 62704
(217) 782-9696

Illinois Vocational Rehabilitation (VR)

VR through the state government’s Department of Human Services helps the disabled in Illinois find and keep a job. They achieve these ends offering a variety of services and assistance, including disability grants for handicap vans or conversions if they are necessary for getting to work.

(800) 843-6154 (Voice, English or Español) or (800) 447-6404 (TTY).

Contact a Mobility Expert!

Thanks! Message sent.

Phone: (989) 305-7058      Fax: (989) 739-5205        Email:

bottom of page